Wednesday 11 March 2015

American #Idol 2015 Top 12 Review.

Sarina Joi Crowe was first into top 12 and first to perform she did the song she auditioned with "Love Runs Out" as I said last week in my review she has one of the better voices in the competition and she proved that again tonight. It wasn't a flawless performance but it was still pretty great. Rayvon Owen (love his name) was the first male into the top 12 and his stripped down rendition of Katy Perry's "Wide Awake" gave me chills. The young cutie Daniel Seavy sang "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul he forgot some of the lyrics but caught himself slipping quick and didn't miss a beat after that. Harry wasn't very impressed and called him inexperienced but #JLO and Keith felt he just needed a song that played to his strengths. I say give him a couple #JustinBeiber or One direction song and he'll so fine. Plus because he is so young and cute I'm sure he has all the young school girl votes so he could actually win. Let's see. Maddie Walker performed "Suitcase" by Gwen Sebastian I don't know that song but I felt the topic she was singing about needed more emotion behind it I felt like she was practicing the song instead of performing it.

Tyanna Jones performed Little Minx "Wings" I love her and her powerful vocals. JLO and Harry spoke about her composure and comfort on stage. She is definitely one to watch can't say that I absolutely loved her performance but it was good. Nick Fradiani sang "In your eyes" by Peter Gabriel. Again not a song that I'm familiar with but he has a nice voice but I didn't really enjoy his performance because he wasn't singing like he was enjoying his performance.I am a Jax fan. Her voice is unique and her rendition of "I Wana Hold Your Hand" by The Beatles reminded us of why we fell in love with that voice but just like Keith Urban I would have loved if she had stayed on the piano though just like she did in the auditions.Qaasim performed "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder but he wasn't really paying attention to those notes though. He had high energy and I lovethat he can do it all but I wish Mr Middleton would stay still and just sing atleast one time becuase I really want to hear his voice.

The ninth contestant to make it into the top 12 was Clark Beckham. He is definitely one of the males to watch in the competition his rendition of "This Is A Man's World" was great. JLO said that his was the vocal of night and I agree. "King of Spain" by Tallest Man on Earth was sung by Joey Cook the tenth contestant to make it into the top twelve. I'm not a big fan of her style but she could grow me. Finally, can I tell you that I may have been the most excited to see Quentin Alexander in the top twelve when JLO called his name I was saying "Yeessss!!!!" His delivery of "Royals" by Lorde was very good and emotional at the end I felt his joy and his relief.Adanna Duru sang "You And I" by Lady Gaga and as much as I love her attitude on stage I wish she had just stood there and sung that song.  

No comments:

Post a Comment