Thursday 5 March 2015

American Idol: Top 8 Girls Night

Tonight on American Idol was about two things; finding out which of the twelve girls made it into the top eight and after the top eight boys performed the best of Motown classics last night, it was also the top eight girls turn to wow us with their motown selections.

Teyanna Jones was the first name called, she performed Rockin Robin by Michael Jackson and had JLO rocking and singing along in her chair. She  didn't change the arrangement of the song any at all and that was my only disappointment but her voice and performance was great. Second girl to enter the top eight was Loren Lott. I didn't absolutely love Loren's performance last week and her rendition of Michael Jacksons "Wanna Be Where You Are" I thought was just ok. Maddie Walker was next and she is not one of my favorites but I'll admit she sang better than she did the week before. She gave us an ok rendition of  "I'll be there" by Michael Jackson. Keith Urban said she was nervous and I agree. Her performance would have been close to perfect if only she could have delivered a more heart felt performance of that song. Joey Cook was the fourth girl voted in to the top eight. She sang "Shop Around" by the Miracles. She made the  song her own her quirky unique spirit came out and I enjoyed it. 
      
I was extremely happy to see Sarina-Joi Crowe make into the top eight. I believe that she has one of the best voices in the competition and all three judges agree. Her rendition of the Miracles "You've Really Got a Hold On Me." was not her strongest but she still sounded amazing. Adanna Duru another contender as it relates to best vocals was next. She sang Lionel Richie's "Hello" and let me tell you she packed that song with a lot of sex appeal and definitely held our attention throughout her performance. My twitter followers know that I like Jax since her audition and I still like her now she has an amazing voice. Jax took Marvin Gaye and Tami's "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" and gave it a nice jazz arrangement which I didn't mind but the judges thought it wasn't probably was not the best idea to have changed a well known song like that. 
      
Only five girls remained on stage but only one space was left in the top eight. Honestly I was waiting for Ryan Seacrest to call Shi to the stage. Instead Alexis Gomez took the final spot in the top eight girl and top sixteen however her version of the Four Tops "Can't Help Myself" was not great it sounded a bit Karaoke or High School talent show. Sadly we said good bye and good luck to Shi, Katherine, Lovey and Shannon.

No comments:

Post a Comment