Sunday 19 July 2015

#DRS12 Top 10.


           

Photo credit: Twitter @televisionjam

Let me be honest I missed the elimination round and the first contestant performance because I tuned in late. However, from the recap and based on the social media commentary I have read I feel I can safely say Rochelle can sing and seemed to have done the song that she selected justice. (I will watch the repeat on Tuesday evening and edit this post accordingly.)  Love Cherine Anderson will miss her but still great having Alaine back she is just always upbeat when she speaks you can't help but laugh.

 Anna-Mariah was the second performer for the night but was the first contestant I got to see. She gave with a rendition of  Chaka Khan's "Through The Fire." I loved her red jump suit so bravo to the stylist she looked good and bravo to her because she sang really well. "I Want You to Need Me" by Celine Dion was the song selected by the next contestant Ashanie Reid. I thought that was an excellent song choice for her and all the judges agreed that she did well. Universe and Almando presented us with the first Reggae song of the night performing "Love and Affection" by Pressure. Anthony thought they weren't in the girls league and that it wasn't too late for the singer to drop the guitar player. The singing was average but this week I could actually hear the chords Almando was playing different from the track. I still feel that everyone is waiting to see the guitarist do more than just play. Hopefully if they stay in the competition he'll show that he can actually sing by either harmonizing with Universe or taking on a verse.

The fifth contestant was the duo Vanity Club who gave us a very confusing Marroon Five mash up. Alaine felt that it was because they couldn't hear the track. Again there is something about these two that I like and maybe it is because I love rockitive music so much. However I feel that a better song choice would have probably worked out better for them. The rock or alternative rock collection of music is so wide and amazing.  Jay Keda was up next and she is a  beautiful girl with a great voice. I agree with Conroy though that it wasn't a great vocal performance but she still did well. I hoped that Chosen were going to be better this week they were not. Performed Air Supply's "All Out of Love" with harmonies that were not tight they really need to get it together. If they come next Sunday then I'm gonna call it that they will finish in the top three because their Meadow Brook High family are definitely voting.

Samantha Bogle was the only other contestant to sing a reggae song she performed Tarrus Riley Back Bitter she did an excellent job, showed that she is a versatile artiste hers was my favorite performance for the night.  Rocsi J tried to give it her all with a rendition of "Believe" by Fantasia. I'm going to say again- yes she can sing but because her voice is so big she needs to learn how to soften up a little bit in parts. The final contestant for the night was Jody Kay James who sang Pink's "Try"  she did do the Tessanne Chin version of the song though. The performance aspect of it was too much like Tessane's Voice audition but I still enjoyed it. I didn't agree with the judges that hers was the stand out performance of the night.

So as usual I'm going to call it like I see it. Chosen,
Universe and Almando may be heading home. As
much as I love Vanity Club's musical style I also feel that based on their performance tonight they may get low votes and end up going home. Hope not though.
The show tonight was great the talent this year.

*Side bar* Terri- Karrelle looked absolutely gorgeous from head to toe. Loved her dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment