Friday 11 March 2016

New Music Review: Love Suicide by Tessanne Chin.


Photo credit: +Tessanne Chin 

So I've been hearing about Tessanne Chin's new song "Love Suicide" for a couple weeks now but I kept forgetting to check it out on Youtube. I heard the title and I thought it was going to be another sad love song ( I'm on too much of a love high right now for that) . So I finally listened the song today after catching her Smile Jamaica interview this morning. I pressed play the piano came in then the base and I knew that I was going to be loving the track still nothing prepared me for just how much I would be LOOOVING this song.

Everything about this track is perfect. The chorus is catchy the melody makes you want to learn the song. I ran to A-Z Lyrics website real quick  just to get the lyrics. The song is very deep too I feel what Tess is saying throughout the song. Sometimes a girl just wants to forget all her inhibitions and just fall in love. Some how I began to wonder though if Tess was actually talking about a man or if she was talking about her love for music. Especially in the hook when she said "You are the seams for all of my dreams and nonsense." becuase you can lose yourself to the music. (Maybe I'm reaching)......The beat feels like 90's R&B but Tessanne's soulful and unique sound gives the song that new school touch so it's like you're getting the best of both worlds. Spoiler Alert if you haven't heard the song yet: You know Tessanne loves her Jamaica so it was no surprise when the song gets to the bridge hearing her fuse in that yaadie accent that was so beautifully done. 

If you love music from India Arie, Mary J Blige or Jazmin Sulivan  (names that I can readily connect to this sound) with a bit of Kelly Clarkson you will deffinitely be replaying "Love Suicide" by Tessanne Chin.

"There's nobody else I'd rather be stuck with 
You are the seams to all of my dreams and nonsense
I swear if you're the ledge then I'm jumping
Don't catch me If I fall just let me plummet."‎ Lyrics from "Love Suicide" Use the link below to listen the song  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttwp1BmUiOI


No comments:

Post a Comment